-->

Monday, October 24, 2011

Patience is a Virtue (6)

For those of you who haven't seen any of my previous Patience is a Virtue posts yet, this is a kind of a meme of sorts where I post the books that have already been released that I can't wait to start on, but can't cause I'm still reading some other books. I know there's another meme going on which is similar to this one, but since I've started this already, I'm UNSTOPPABLE. MUAHAHHA. Ok, I'm just messing with you. But yeah, I don't want to stop.

I noticed that I've been reading a lot of adult fiction novels recently, so I think I'm moving back to YA soon. (I have 3 YA Netgalley books to review!) But I still have so many adult series that I have to catch up on! So yeah, it might take some time. PLUS, today is the first day of my GCE 'O' Level Exams, so I'm gonna be banned from books by my parents soon... But yep.


So, first up:



First in the Warriors of Ankh series.




Blurb from Goodreads:
Eden is a Soul Eater. While that hasn’t meant much to her in the past, she’s pretty sure any minute now she’s going to go all "Carrie" on her eleventh grade class.

Noah is an Ankh. As an immortal Warrior, his purpose in life is to hunt down and kill Soul Eaters.

Eden is Noah’s next assignment. Problem is… this is an assignment with a difference. Eden’s not your average, run of the mill, Soul Eater. Noah’s job? To test Eden for possible redemption.

It’s a risky business.

Especially if Noah awakens Eden’s inner monster.

It would be kind of hard for Eden to listen to the angel on her shoulder when the devil on the other is telling her, her new best friend is a lying, scheming, immortal enemy...

....betrayal is such a bitch.

So is Eden when you get on her bad side.

It's got that dark, mysterious aura going on, and with that hot cover model! Wow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Second up:






Blurb from Goodreads:
Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.

When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.

I have been depriving myself of historicals for some time now, and I do plan to correct that. Oh yes, I do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Third up:





Blurb from Goodreads:
How did Jackie Brighton get turned into a succubus? She can’t remember – all she knows is that she woke up in a Dumpster. This short story tells the tale of that night, and sheds a little light on her masters’ motivations...


This is the prequel to a book I've just read, called GENTLEMEN PREFER SUCCUBI, and I really, really want to read this now...:(


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ok, I've gotta stop here. I've got some studying to do! So I'd probably won't be posting much for 3 weeks until November 15th, which is my last paper. BIO PAPER 1!!!! Oh man, I can't wait for this book abstinence hellish days to be over! But I'm so scared for it too... Anyway, yep, I'll be on a hiatus, so. Sob. Sniff.:(


Anyway, on to you - what are you cravin' to read now?

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great picks! I haven't heard of any of them, which is what makes memes like these so great, it introduces me to even more books. I can definitely relate to not having time to read all the books you want to. I have had my eye on that Succubi book for a while but haven't had the chance to get to it. And wow! Look at the cover on Foreplay! It definitely says "Succubi" huh? Great meme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! YES! She looks so seductive right?

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...