-->

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#1)

I'm feeling really tired now, so I can't be bothered to make a button for my own teaser tuesdays. Lol, but I am going to share a teaser from this book which I'd gotten from Netgalley which I REALLY liked, and which would be released on September 19th, 2011! Before I begin, let me gve some credits and instructions first.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





Altered Destiny by Shawna Thomas

Synopsis:
Selia has run her family's tavern since she was fifteen and can hunt and fight the equal of any man. When she rescues a badly wounded man and nurses him back to health, she has no idea she's about to change not only her life, but also the destinies of two peoples…

The battered warrior is Svistra—a race of bloodthirsty savages determined to destroy her homeland. Or so the stories claim. Jaden reveals a different truth: how his ancestors were driven into the barren northern mountains. Now they are strong and war parties are pushing south wanting their land back.


The son of a Svistra Commander, Jaden is looking for a way to bring peace to both humans and Svistrans. He tries to ignore his growing passion for Selia, but when she is captured he has to decide what he would be willing to sacrifice to save the woman he loves…



My Teaser:


" “Not even Svistra can track in weather like this. Our trail is gone.” He moved, and she could feel the whisper of his voice next to her ear. “Relax, Selia. We’ll be here a while.” "


Uh oh, I've broken a few rules already. Firstly, that wasn't 2 lines. Secondly, it wasn't a random page; It was my favourite scene in the book :P.

But oh well, it's 38% of the Kindle version of the book.

My review of the book can be found here: Review of Altered Destiny by Shawna Thomas.

So, what's your teaser tuesday?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome teaser. Don't worry no-body turns to a random page in fear of spoiling it for themselves as well. Good job though. I'm intrigued!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser. I think I'm actually gonna add this book to my TBR list. Lol. It sounds really good.

    My Teaser: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Brittani! It IS a very nice book. I was really amazed when I read it.

    ReplyDelete

A Bookalicious Story is now an award-free zone! Thank you for thinking about me tho, really!

I love comments. :) I may not be able to reply every single comment, but know that I read and appreciate every one of them. Thank you!

Cyp's Abbreviation Dictionary

DNF = Did Not Finish
HEA = Happily Ever After
PNR = Paranormal Romance
UF = Urban Fantasy
YA = Young Adult

Erotica Reference

BDSM = Bondage/Discipline, Dominant/Submissive, Sadism/Masochism
f/f = female/female
m/f = male/female
m/m = male/male

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...